How to Choose a Patio Dining Set
To make your outdoor dining space just right for outdoor entertaining, you'll need to start with the perfect patio dining table and chairs. Choosing the that “just right” set will be easy if follow a few helpful tips.
Measure Your Space
The first step to finding the perfect patio furniture setup for your outdoor living area is to understand exactly how much room you have to work with. While you may have fallen in love with the extendable dining table with seating for 10, but if your patio isn't big enough, you and your guests will end up feeling cramped. On the other end of the spectrum, if you have a spacious deck or patio, you will probably want a larger outdoor dining set as opposed to a smaller outdoor bistro set.
Measure the available space. It’s key to leave enough room so you can move around the tables and chairs comfortably. Don’t forget that you will want at least two or three feet of space on all sides of the table, so people have enough room to pull out their chairs and move about freely without disturbing other people. This is especially important on a deck, poolside, or in an area where railings or steps determine the boundaries.
Table Size and Shape
Once you measure your space you can begin to narrow down the options for the patio dining set that will work best for you. The size will be dictated by how many people you will typically need to seat. Keep in mind that each person seated around the table should have at least 24″ of space to avoid bumping elbows.
• Round: This shape is great for both large and small spaces. Round tables can inspire more conversation since you can see everyone from your seat. Accommodates from 2 to 6 seats.
• Oval: Oval dining tables are a good alternative to rectangular tables since their elongated design allows it to accommodate more people with a smaller footprint. Accommodates up to 8 seats.
• Rectangular: Rectangular dining tables are the traditional patio table shape and are available in a variety of base styles. This shape typically seats the most people, and some even offer extension leaves for extra guests. Accommodates up to 12 seats.
• Square: Square dining tables are another great option that inspire conversation. Each diner gets their own side of the table and can easily see everyone else. Accommodates 4 seats. (Perfect to push 2 or more tables together to make a larger table)
Reminder: If your outdoor space doesn’t get much shade, having a table with an umbrella hole can make your ding space so much better.
What is it Made of?
Before making a purchase it’s a good idea to think about how a piece is constructed, as different materials have varying functional, comfort and maintenance considerations.
Aluminum patio furniture is strong, rust proof and durable enough to withstand all types of weather.
Aluminum Furniture is one of the most popular choices in outdoor furniture and requires very little maintenance. The best way to keep aluminum looking like new is to take steps to prevent damage from the elements by using a protective cover. The simplest and most inexpensive method to keeping your furniture clean is to pull out the hose and spray it down. Occasionally, when simple hosing off the outdoor furniture does not work, a simple mixture of mild dish soap and water is your best solution. The most important things to avoid are corrosive or abrasive cleaners and other cleaning products such as steel wool that may permanently scratch the protective coating and even the aluminum itself. Use 303 products to clean and maintain your furniture to look like new for years.
Dot Furniture offers a ten-year warranty on the frame and a one year warranty on the finish of all aluminum furniture to be free from defects in material and workmanship
Aluminum and Sling: Aluminum and sling patio furniture is easy to clean and dries quickly, perfect for poolside lounging or dining.
Aluminum and Sling furniture is a carefree and popular choice for outdoor furniture. The best way to keep your furniture looking like new is to take steps to prevent damage from the elements by using a protective cover. The simplest and most inexpensive method to keeping your furniture clean is to pull out the hose and spray it down. Occasionally, when hosing off the outdoor furniture does not work, a simple mixture of mild dish soap and water is your best solution. The most important things to avoid are corrosive or abrasive cleaners and other cleaning products such as steel wool that may permanently damage the surfaces. Use 303 products to clean and maintain your furniture to look like new for years.
Dot Furniture offers a ten-year warranty on the frame and a two-year warranty on the fabric and a one-year warranty on the finish of all aluminum and sling furniture against the separation of seams and to be free from defects in material and workmanship.
Resin Wicker patio furniture offers a touch of class and style to any outdoor setting. Resin wicker furniture is easy to clean, lightweight and durable enough to withstand the elements.
Resin Wicker furniture is becoming increasingly popular mostly because it is so comfortable. It also offers countless possibilities for colours, sizes and configurations in matching dining, conversational or lounging sets. Dot Furniture’s mix n’ match policy allows you to customize your set and make it as big or as compact as you need. Fade mildew and corrosion resistant properties make it very easy to care for, simply hose off your furniture and allow it to dry in the sun. Use 303 products to clean and maintain your furniture to look like new for years.
What about the Patio Chair
Are you looking for a uniform patio set for entertaining? Maybe you would like a more eclectic look? Our selection of quality patio furniture can be purchased in sets or separately, allowing you complete control over how your outdoor living area will look.
Consider which features are key to your comfort and best fit your dining and entertaining needs as you Mix n’ Match your set your way.
• Stackable chairs: Convenient and space saving. Stacking dining chairs are easy to store for the off season but also easy to stack a few and keep that handy for when more guests arrive.
• Swivel chairs: Most swivel chairs come with arms, and many also offer a rocker feature. Often used at the head of a rectangular table but swivel rocker chairs surrounding a round table is very posh.
• Sling chairs: Comfortable and quick drying making it ideal for poolside dining. Sling style seating is often light weight making it perfect to seniors or more fragile deck surfaces.
• Cushioned seats: Choices are limitless with cushioned chair styles. Be inspired by the colour choices and create that designer look that’s perfect for you! Added bonus — you can change out the cushions whenever you want, and you can have a brand-new look.
• Folding chairs: Great for unexpected guests, folding chairs are also ideal for portability. Some folding chairs feature multi position backs and ottomans for extra lounging flexibility.
Don’t Forget the Accessories
Once you've found the perfect furniture for your deck or patio, it's time to accessorize with accents that will add personality and usability to your outdoor living space. Depending on what you’re planning on doing on your deck or patio, you have a wide array of patio accessories to choose from including seat cushions and matching umbrellas, kidney and throw pillows, furniture covers, lanterns, placemats, dinnerware, gazebos and so much more. Finding the right accessories for your patio furniture will help complete the look and feel of your outdoor living area.
Outdoor dining is a great way to entertain, relax, and gather with friends and family. So enjoy your summer with your new patio dining set!